**You must be 16 to use the weight room.
1. Weight Room Etiquette
RESPECT FOR OTHER MEMBERS (FACULTY, STUDENTS, STAFF, COMMUNITY)
- Respect for Self + Others when Entering Weight Room:
- Be Aware of others around you when you are lifting:
- Language + behavior appropriate for every member. No profanity.
- Allow individual to complete lift w/o disruption.
- Please be courteous and allow others to “work in” or take turns.
- As a Courtesy to fellow members please assure that:
- Wipe your perspiration from equipment after use.
- Clean the room after use.
- Return + rack weights when finished
2. Weight Room Longevity
- Do not slam or drop the dumbbells or plate loaded bar on the floor.
- Do not drop or slam the weight plates on the machines.
- There should be no dropping of the weights – the floor is not structurally designed for this
3. Proper Footwear must be worn:
- Crosstrainers, fitness or tennis shoes must be worn. NO SANDALS or BARE FEET
4. Proper Workout attire is Necessary:
- Tank tops or t-shirts must be worn
- ALWAYS use a spotter when lifting free weights
- Use collars to insure that weights are tightly secured to the bar + will not slip off an unbalanced bar.
- Do not use weights or machines until you are familiar with proper biomechanical technique for a particular exercise.
- Warm-up properly before lifting
Individuals must limit station use to 3 – 4 minutes when people are waiting.
Faculty and staff have priority on all machines from 12:00 – 1:30 pm, Monday –Friday.
**Failure to comply will result in dismissal from the facility and loss of privilege to use the facility.