Head Equipment Manager
Rob Quinn begins his first full year as the Head Equipment Manager for Colby College in the 2017-18 academic year. He was hired during the 2016-17 year.
After leaving U.S. Coast Guard Academy after two years to get his Master's Degree, Quinn served as a graduate assistant for athletic equipment at the University of New Haven from July 2015 to June 2016. While earning his Master’s Degree in Management of Sports Industries, he also worked as a graduate intern for varsity sports operations at Yale University.
At University of New Haven, he helped manage daily facility and equipment operations for University of New Haven’s 17 Division II Sports.
Quinn graduated from Mitchell College in May 2013. A dean's list student with an academic scholarship, Quinn was the Mitchell Rugby Club co-founder and treasurer. He was also a co-captain of the team from 2010 to 2013.
Nicole Clark returns for her ninth year in the equipment room in the 2017-18 academic year. In her role as equipment manager, she works closely with coaches and student-athletes to procure and maintain equipment and uniforms for many of the school's varsity teams, as well as the myriad of club and intramural sports offered at Colby.
Clark graudated from the University of Maine at Farmington in 2008 with a degree in elementary education. She then attended Southern New Hampshire University where she earned a master's degree in sport management in 2016 and graduated with a 4.0 GPA.
Clark is a member of the Athletic Equipment Managers Association and has attended the annual convention in the past. She has aspirations to become certified with the association in the near future.
Equipment/Locker Room Policies and Procedures
Equipment and Uniforms
- Most equipment and uniforms are issued by uniform # or an assigned #.
- Keep all equipment originally issued, no swapping of equipment unless you clear it with the equipment room first.
- All equipment must be returned and lockers cleaned out within three days of the last scheduled competition of the season, unless agreed upon by both coaches.
- If the equipment has not been returned within 14 days of the end of the season, replacements will be ordered and returns will no longer be accepted.
- The student’s account will be billed double the original cost for unreturned equipment due to the expense involved in ordering individual replacements.
- Practice laundry will be washed Monday thru Friday in the evening and returned the next morning. Weekend coverage varies by game schedule. Laundry service does not begin until the first practice or agreed upon date with coach.
- Laundry loops are provided with either your locker #, uniform # or initials. Only one set of practice gear per washing; no doubling of t-shirts, socks, etc. Equipment room is not responsible for lost personal items.
- All game uniforms must be turned in for cleaning by the next scheduled practice due to the required cleaning process.
- No food allowed in any locker room due to past rodent infestations.
- All locker rooms are to be kept neat and orderly at all times. Items must be kept off the floors so the custodians can easily clean the area each day. All shower floors are to be kept clear of bottles, etc.
- No decorating with tape or sticky putty of any kind on the lockers, ceilings or walls due to past paint damage. Any items found stuck on the above surfaces will be removed along with any items hung from ceilings. Items may be tied to the individual lockers, but must be removed at the end of the season.
- No banging of sticks, etc. against the ceiling vents or doors as you exit the locker room due to past light and vent damage.
- Inform Equipment Managers of purchases made for the team so online inventory can be updated and equipment can be properly assigned. This includes items that may be purchased during the season.
- When ordering practice apparel and equipment needed for the upcoming season through the equipment room the information should be given to your Equipment Manager three months in advance (6 months in advance for uniforms).
- If purchasing equipment or gear individually, check with your Equipment Manager to ensure proper sizes are ordered.
- Routinely check locker rooms to be sure they are clean and kept up to high standards. This helps the custodians and reflects each sport when recruits visit.
- Furnish the Equipment Managers with a complete team roster and keep the Equipment Room updated on all roster changes.
- Provide Equipment Managers with roster of team members traveling at least 3 days in advance of each competition to ensure the correct uniforms are issued.
- If teams have a late evening practice followed by an early morning practice there might not be ample time for the laundry room staff to prepare the team’s gear. Please make arrangements with the equipment managers in this case.
- Provide Equipment Managers with all practice and competition schedules as soon as possible.