Apr 20, 2018
MEDFORD, Mass. -- Will Phillips and Andrew Russell had six of Colby College's 12 hits in a 22-7 loss at Tufts University in NESCAC East baseball Friday.
The two teams will play a doubleheader Saturday at noon.
* Phillips (pictured) raised his team-leading batting average to .382 after going 3-for-5 with two runs, and an RBI. Meanwhile, Russell is hitting .318 after driving in three runs on a 3-for-5 day.
* Andrew Sterup went 2-for-2, while Ryan Hecht scored twice and went 1-for-2. Cam Drew, Keenan Iuliano, and Jack Mangold also went 1-for-2.
* The Mules (5-16 overall, 1-6 NESCAC East) scored a lone run in the third when Russell had an RBI single to plate Phillips.
* Colby added two runs in the fifth when Phillips singled to bring in Matt Mitchell. Hecht came in to score on a double play with the bases loaded.
* Russell's RBI double in the seventh inning scored Phillips.
* Colby added three runs in the ninth on RBI singles from Russell and Mangold. Russell scored the third run on a passed ball.