BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Colby College baseball team finished NESCAC East play with 4-1 and 10-5 losses to Bowdoin College on Saturday.
The Mules will play host to University of Maine at Presque Isle on Sunday at noon in a doubleheader.
Game 1 highlights
* Mule pitchers allowed just two earned runs over seven innings. Jackson Ward struck out five in 3.1 innings and allowed two earned runs. Frank Driscoll went 2.2 innings, gave up two hits, allowed no runs, and struck out four.
* Colby led 1-0 in the top of the first inning when Matt Treveloni singled through the left side to bring in Andrew Russell.
* Bowdoin scored one run in the first and added three in the fourth inning.
Game 2 highlights
* The Mules had 13 hits in the game, including three each from Treveloni and William Wessman. Treveloni tripled and scored a run, while Wessman had a double and scored.
* Cam Drew had two doubles, scored, and drove in a run for the Mules. Ryan Hecht also had two hits. Jack Mangold scored two runs and had a hit, Will Phillips drove in two runs and had one hit, and Tommy McGee had one hit.