Apr 03, 2018
STANDISH, Maine -- The Colby College baseball team had leads of 3-0 and 5-4, but St. Joseph's College had a big seventh inning in a 10-5 non-conference win Tuesday in the rain.
The Mules will play host to Fisher College in their home opener Wednesday at 4 p.m.
By the numbers
* Jackson Ward had a double among his three hits and drove in a run for the Mules.
* Will Phillips added two hits, including a double, two runs, an RBI, and a stolen base. William Wessman had two hits and an RBI, Andrew Russell had two hits, and scored one run, and Matt Mitchell smacked two hits and had an RBI.
* Tyler Mulberry had a double, scored, and had a stolen base. Keenan Iuliano had a hit and an RBI for the Mules.
* Frank Driscoll threw three innings and allowed no earned runs. He struck out four and walked two for Colby (2-9 overall).
* The Mules scored one run in the first inning thanks to an Iuliano single that brought in Phillips.
* Ward had an RBI single in the second inning and Mitchell scored on a Monk (12-5) error for a 3-0 lead.
* After St. Joseph's took a 4-3 lead, Colby scored twice in the sixth inning when Phillips scored on an error and Wessman's single brought in Russell. The Monks scored six times in the bottom of the seventh inning.