Nov 30, 2017
CASTINE, Maine -- Dean Weiner had a double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds to go along with five assists for the Colby College men's basketball team in a 71-60 non-conference win at Maine Maritime Academy on Thursday night.
The Mules are 5-1 overall heading into a 3 p.m. home game with Bowdoin College on Saturday. The game will not count toward the NESCAC standings.
By the numbers
* Weiner (pictured) was 5-for-8 from the field and 3-for-4 from the foul line while playing just 22 minutes.
* Sam Jefferson added 11 points, four assists, and two steals for the Mules. Matt Hanna also had 11 points and dished three assists. Wallace Tucker finished with eight points, while Devaughn Riley and Pat Dickert both had seven points.
* Colby finished with 22 assists on 27 made field goals.
* Tyler Thayer had a game-high 21 points for the Mariners. Riley Jorgenson added 20 points and eight rebounds.
* The Mules led 12-10 before going on a 17-0 scoring run over 5:08 to take control in the first half. Colby went to halftime with a 38-23 lead.
* The Mariners battled back in the first 10 minutes of the second half, getting as close as 47-44 with 13:40 left in the game. The Mules steadily pulled away from that point to get a comfortable lead.