Jan 10, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine -- The Colby College men's basketball team nailed 21 3-point shots and shot 53.8 percent from long range in a 104-75 non-conference victory over Pine Manor College on Thursday.
The Mules improve to 11-3, while the Gators drop to 4-10.
By the numbers
* Colby's Matt Hanna scored a game-high 25 points while shooting 8-for-9 from the field, 7-of-8 from 3-point range, and made both of his free throws. He also pulled down six rebounds.
* Sam Jefferson had 13 of his 16 points in the opening half and shot 4-for-6 from 3-point range. Ronan Schwarz finished with 15 points, a game-high 11 rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
* Ethan Schlager came off the bench with 11 points on 3-for-5 shooting on threes and added three assists. Wallace Tucker added eight points and five assists, Devin Davis had eight points and two steals, Noah Tyson also had five assists, and Steven Daley (pictured) scored five points and had six rebounds.
* Sayvonn Houston led Pine Manor with 22 points and eight rebounds. Jamel Hamans had 12 points and three assists, while Rasheed Bell scored 11 points and pulled own nine rebounds.
* Shaun Miller score nine points and had four assists, while fellow guard Steven Collins had five steals and four assists for the Gators. Ellis Read was 4-for-5 from the field for eight points.
* The Mules were 21-for-39 on 3-point attempts and had a 45-39 rebounding advantage.
* Colby never trailed in the game and opened up a 59-41 lead at halftime.
* The Mules led by as much as 37 points in the second half with 10:25 to play.
* Colby heads to Trinity College for a NESCAC game Sunday at 2 p.m.