Dec 06, 2018
WENHAM, Mass. -- Noah Tyson had a double-double and Sam Jefferson finished with a game-high 22 points, but Gordon College pulled away in the second half for an 85-79 win against Colby College in non-conference men's basketball Thursday.
The Mules fall to 7-2 overall, while the Fighting Scots move to 7-1.
By the numbers
* Tyson was 7-for-14 from the field and 4-of-10 from 3-point range on the way to 18 points, 12 rebounds, five assists, and three steals. Meanwhile, Jefferson (pictured) also hit four 3-point shots and added three assists.
* Matt Hanna was a third Mule with four 3-point shots to finish with 14 points, nine rebounds, and a game-high seven assists. Wallace Tucker scored 12 points and Ty Williams had six points and three assists.
* Gordon had all five starters in double figures, including a double-double (18 points, 14 rebounds) from Garrisson Duvivier.
* The Mules opened up a 25-18 lead after Tucker nailed a 3-point shot with 9:34 to halftime. Tyson hit a three with 4:24 to play for a 35-31 lead, but Gordon used an 8-3 run the rest of the way for a 39-38 lead at intermission.
* Colby's final lead of the game came when Tyson hit a 3-point shot with 10:24 left for a 59-57 margin. Hanna knocked down a jumper with 7:34 remaining to tie the game at 63-63, but Gordon scored the next nine points to pull away for good.
* The Mules play a non-conference game at Bates at 3 p.m. Saturday.