Feb 01, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Despite 17 points on 7-for-10 shooting for Colby College's Sean Gilmore, Williams College used its size advantage and a fine game from point guard Bobby Casey in an 84-68 NESCAC men's basketball victory Friday.
The sixth-ranked Ephs improve to 19-2 overall and 6-1 in the league, while the Mules fall to 15-6 and 3-4 overall.
By the numbers
* Kyle Scadlock finished with 26 points on 9-for-14 shooting, 10 rebounds, and three assists. Meanwhile, Casey scored 20 points and dished a game-high seven assists.
* Gilmore (pictured) also had five rebounds, two assists, two steals, and two blocked shots. Sam Jefferson was 5-for-7 from 3-point range for 15 points and Wallace Tucker scored 14 for the Mules.
* Williams was 16-for-22 from the foul line to Colby's 2-of-3 total. The Ephs also had a 36-25 rebounding edge, but the Mules did make 12 3-point shots.
* With the Ephs up 18-14, Williams used a 9-0 scoring run to go up 27-14 on the way to a 47-33 halftime lead.
* Williams had its biggest lead at 57-35 with 17 minutes to play, but the Mules fought back with a 22-8 run to only trail 65-57 after Jefferson hit a three with 11:19 to play.
* The Mules got as close as seven points at 73-66 when Alex Dorion hit a 3-point shot with 6:10 left. He finished with nine points. However, Williams pulled away at the foul line.
* Colby plays host to Middlebury College on Saturday at 3 p.m. The Panthers took a 63-51 win at Bowdoin College on Friday.
* Williams heads to Bowdoin for a 3 p.m. game.