Nov 20, 2018
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Ronan Schwarz had a game-high 19 points as the Colby College men's basketball team stayed unbeaten on the young season with a 77-47 victory over local rival Thomas College on Tuesday.
By the numbers
* Schwarz, who is averaging 16.3 points after missing last season due to injury, was 7-for-9 from the field and added four rebounds, three steals, and two blocked shots.
* Sam Jefferson (pictured) added 12 points, while Matt Hanna had 11 points and four rebounds. Noah Tyson, Colby's leading scorer at 17.0 points, added nine points and five rebounds. Sean Gilmore finished with nine points, four rebounds, three assists, and two blocked shots.
* Ty Williams continues to play well of the bench, averaging a team-best 5.3 assists per game.
* The Mules forced 23 turnovers and held Thomas (2-4) to 32.1 percent shooting.
* The Terriers stayed with Colby (3-0 overall) for the opening 10 minutes, but the Mules steadily pulled away and led 36-23 at intermission.
* Schwarz hit two free throws with 15:45 left in the game to give the Mules a 45-27 margin.
* The Mules will play in the University of California at Santa Cruz Thanksgiving Classic this Saturday and Sunday. Colby will take on Dominican (Ill.) University in its opening game Saturday at 5 p.m. (EST). Dominican is 0-1 this season after going 6-19 last year.