Jan 12, 2018
HARTFORD, Conn. -- The Colby College men's hockey team took a 2-1 lead in the second period, but Trinity College scored the rest of the goals in a 5-2 victory over the Mules in NESCAC play Friday night.
The Mules, who play at Wesleyan University on Saturday at 3 p.m., drop to 7-5 overall and 6-3 in the conference. Trinity, ranked sixth nationally, improves to 8-3-2 and 5-1-1 in the league.
* The Bantams took a 1-0 lead when Anthony Sabitsky scored with just 50 seconds left in the first period on the power play.
* Colby came out flying in the second period and quickly took a 2-1 lead. Nick O'Connor scored his seventh of the year on a backhand shot in front just 17 seconds into play. Cam MacDonald and Dan Dupont had assists on the score.
* Michael Rudolf had his fourth goal of the year at 3:42 to give the Mules a lead at 2-1. Phil Klitirinos and Kienan Scott each had their ninth assist on the goal.
* Colby was on the power play looking for a third goal when the momentum completely changed on a shorthanded goal by Trinity's' Connor Hegarty at 5:29. The Bantams scored two more goals to take a 4-2 lead into the third period.
By the numbers
* Special teams play helped Trinity, with the Bantams going 3-for-6 on the power play and added a man-down goal.
* Colby goaltender Sean Lawrence made 37 saves, including 15 stops in the third period. Alex Morin stopped 27 shots for the Bantams.