Jan 19, 2019
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- The Colby College men's hockey team nearly came back from four goals down, but gave up two empty net scores in a 6-3 loss at Williams College in NESCAC play Saturday.
The Mules are 6-7-3 overall and 3-6-2 in the conference.
* Williams took a 4-0 lead into the final period and seemed to be in control. However, the Mules scored three straight goals in a span of less than five minutes to make it 4-3.
* First-year Mike Morrissey scored his fifth goal of the year at 10:53 to get the Mules going.
* Brian Sanzone (pictured) had his first collegiate goal at 11:27 from Quinn Doyle to cut the margin in half.
* Colby's Nick O'Connor tallied for the 10th time this year at 15:10 and the Mules were suddenly back in the game.
* Williams (11-4-1, 7-2-1) scored two empty net goals in the final 37 seconds.
By the numbers
* Andrew Tucci made 25 saves in 40:31 and Mack Burton stopped nine shots the rest of the way for Colby.
* Michael Pinios finished with 25 saves for the Ephs.
* Colby plays at rival Bowdoin College this Saturday at 7 p.m.