Jan 06, 2018
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Haley Driscoll finished with 21 points on 10-for-16 shooting and Colby College beat Bates College for the second time this season in a 66-48 victory in NESCAC women's basketball Saturday.
The Mules improved to 6-5 overall and 1-1 in the conference, while the Bobcats dropped to 5-9 and 0-2 in the league.
By the numbers
* Driscoll played 38 minutes and added six rebounds, three assists, and a blocked shot.
* Ainsley Burns took advantage of some double teams on Driscoll to nail some jumpers on the way to 17 points. Katie McCrum played the entire game and finished with game-highs of 11 rebounds and five assists to go along with nine points. Paige Russell had six points, eight rebounds, and three assists. Jackie Albanese came off the bench with eight points and Emily Davis (pictured) had eight rebounds.
* Julia Middlebrook had 11 points, five rebounds, and two steals for the Bobcats. Lyse Henshaw and Nina Davenport both had 10 points, while Melanie Binkhorst finished with nine points.
* Colby held Bates to just 28.1 percent shooting and had a 46-27 rebounding margin. The Bobcats had just six turnovers in the game.
* Driscoll had 11 points in the first half to help the Mules take a 27-20 lead at the break. Driscoll also did a solid job defensively on Davenport, who came into the weekend as the league's top scorer at more than 20 points per game.
* Colby took command with 21 points in the third quarter. The Mules had 10 turnovers in the opening half, but finished the game with 13.
* The Mules led by as much as 21 points with 5:22 left in the fourth quarter.