Dec 08, 2018
NASHUA, N.H. -- Paige Russell and Emily Davis combined for 30 points and 14 rebounds in leading the Colby College women's basketball team to a 71-45 non-conference victory over Rivier University on Saturday.
The Mules end the first semester with a 5-3 overall record.
By the numbers
* Russell finished with 16 points and six rebounds, while Davis (pictured) added 14 points and eight boards. Russell was 5-for-9 from the field and Davis shot 60 percent at 6-for-10.
* Ainsley Burns just missed a double-double with nine points and 10 rebounds. Jane MacKerron was 4-for-5 from the field for eight points and had four rebounds. Keagan Dunbar had eight points and three assists.
* Kaylee Kacavas had 29 of Rivier's 45 points.
* Colby had a 42-23 rebounding margin and a 36-5 advantage in bench scoring.
* Rivier (1-8 overall) led 3-0 for its only lead of the game. The Mules scored seven straight points and took a 12-7 lead after one quarter.
* Colby blew out to a 32-16 lead at halftime. The closest quarter was a 16-13 margin for the Mules in the third. Colby's biggest lead of the game was 26 points at the end of the contest.
* The Mules have a few weeks off before heading to California to take on Claremont-Mudd-Scripps on Saturday, Dec. 29, at 7 p.m. (EST). Colby visits Pomona-Pitzer at 6 p.m. (EST) Sunday, Dec. 30.