Feb 01, 2019
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- Ainsley Burns had 11 points for the Colby College women's basketball team in a 58-34 setback to Williams College on Friday in NESCAC play.
The Mules, who play at Middlebury College on Saturday at 3 p.m., drop to 8-12 overall and 1-6 in the league.
By the numbers
* Katie McCrum and Jane MacKerron both had seven rebounds. MacKerron also blocked a pair of shots. Sarah Hancock scored six points and had three assists, while Jackie Albanese finished with six points.
* Morgan Dauk led Williams (10-11 overall, 4-3 NESCAC) with 17 points.
* The Ephs jumped out to a 16-3 lead after the opening quarter. The Mules outscored Williams by a 12-8 margin in the second quarter to make it 24-15 at halftime.
* The Mules stayed in striking distance by trailing by 10 points in the final quarter. Williams scored 22 in the fourth quarter.
* Colby plays at Middlebury College at 3 p.m. Saturday.