Jan 06, 2018
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. -- The Colby College women's hockey team finished off a 1-0-1 NESCAC weekend with 47 shots on goal in a 1-1 overtime tie with Wesleyan University on Saturday.
The Mules improved to 3-5-2 overall and 1-3-2 in the NESCAC, while Wesleyan is 3-5-3 and 0-1-3 in the league.
* With the Cardinals on the power play early in the first period, Alexis Banquer glided toward the right in the offensive zone, alluding a defender, and sent a shot on the move for the score at 5:46.
* The Mules refused to allow the lead to stay intact, as first-year forward Anna Cosentino scored her second goal of the year with Colby on the power play at the 18:17 mark in the opening period. Tess Dupre and Tay Munson each had their third assists of the season.
* Colby threatened to take the lead on the power play with just under six minutes left in the second, but Wesleyan goalie Allegra Grant robbed Cosentino from point-blank range at the 14:15 mark.
By the numbers
* Colby held a 47-29 advantage in shots, including a 27-5 lead during the final 25 minutes of action. Wesleyan led the opening 40 minutes with a 24-20 edge in the category.
* Cierra San Roman (pictured) had 14 of her 28 saves in the opening period for Colby. Grant finished with 46 saves.