Jan 11, 2019
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- The unbeaten streak is over at seven games after the Colby College women's hockey team fell 4-1 at Williams College in NESCAC play Friday.
The Mules fall to 6-3-3 overall and 4-3 in the league. Colby and Williams play another game Saturday at 3 p.m.
* The opening three minutes of the game was eventful. Williams scored just 2:40 into the game when the Mules got caught on a line change.
* However, just 12 seconds later Colby tied the game at 2:52. Lexi Cafiero (pictured) and Lily von Stade were rewarded for their hustle on the goal. Both players put on defensive pressure after the puck was dumped in the Williams zone. Cafiero got knocked down while von Stade swooped in and had her close-in shot saved. Cafiero got up from the ice and the rebound went directly to her for the score.
* The Ephs' Annie Rush scored her second goal of the game at 8:25 for what turned out to be the winner. Avery Dunn tallied at 11:40 and Williams took a 3-1 lead into the first intermission.
* Bri Laycock scored on the power play with just 12 seconds remaining in the second period for the final score.
By the numbers
* Colby goaltender Cierra San Roman stopped 23 shots, while Chloe Heiting made 18 saves for the Ephs (9-2-1 overall, 5-2 NESCAC).