Jan 19, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Despite 38 saves from Colby College goalie Nina Prunster, Amherst College scored the game-winning goal at 14:53 of the second period in a 4-2 win in NESCAC women's hockey Saturday.
* After a scoreless opening period, the game got wild with five goals over a stretch of just 7 minutes, 8 seconds.
* The Mules (8-5-3 overall, 5-5 NESCAC) scored first when Aimely Michaud-Nolan kept a puck in at the blue line. Tess Dupre picked up a loose puck near the left boards and quickly found Cassidy Holzer (pictured) in the middle for a wrist shot to the right corner of the goal at 7:45.
* Emma Flynn scored at 10:55 on what turned into a three-on-one situation. Flynn, coming in from the right side, went to the upper right corner for the score. Kaitlin Hoang and Jocelyn Hunyadi had assists on the play.
* Flynn scored again at 12:55 off her own rebound. Her first shot was stopped nicely by Prunster, but the rebound came right back to Flynn for the goal. Hunyadi was credited with an assist.
* Colby tied the game at 2-2 just 17 seconds later when Sadie Kuhn came into Amherst's zone hard near the left boards. Her centering cross was redirected by Holzer for her second score.
* Just 1:47 after Colby tied the game, Sarah Wagner got the winner. Stephanie Nomicos kept in a clearing attempt by Colby and saw Wagner wide open in the middle.
* The Mammoths closed out the scoring when Mia DelRosso scored an empty net goal. Her shot came from near the face-off dot to the right of Amherst goalie Caitlin Walker.
By the numbers
* Walker finished with 23 saves and needed to make just two in the final period for Amherst (8-5-2, 5-3-2 NESCAC).
* Prunster made 16 of her 38 saves in the third period for Colby.