Sep 13, 2017
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Olivia Greif scored her first two collegiate goals and Katherine Gillespie had one goal and a pair of assists for Colby College in a 6-0 non-conference win over Thomas College on Wednesday night at Smith Field.
The Mules (2-0-1 overall) are unbeaten after three games for the first time since 2010. Colby will get a major test at home Saturday against fourth-ranked Williams College at 11 a.m.
* Greif had two assists in a 4-1 victory over Husson on Sunday and scored twice Wednesday. She leads the Mules in scoring with six points.
* Elizabeth Barry and Emily Martin both had one goal and one assist for the winners. Ally Ingraham had the other Mule goal and Kara Wilson (pictured) had one assist.
* Colby back Sofia Oliveira set up the first goal of the game when her cross from the left side was touched in by Martin at 15:13 of the opening half.
* Barry scored her first collegiate goal at 39:26 for a 2-0 Mule lead. Gillespie had a pass from the right side to Barry, who settled the ball and hit her shot inside the left post.
* The Mules took a 3-0 halftime lead after Greif scored just 56 seconds after Barry's goal. Martin had her second assist of the season when her pass from the right side found Greif for a one-touch.
* The Terriers (0-4 overall) kept it a three-goal game for the opening 27 minutes of the second half. Barry beat a defender on the right side and found Greif, who settled the ball and shot to the right corner at 72:30.
* Gillespie's cross from the right side was put in by Ally Ingraham for her first goal of the season just 2:04 after Greif's goal. Gillespie closed out the scoring with just 1:15 to play off an assist from Wilson on a cross from the right side.
By the numbers
* Colby had a 23-1 shot advantage and a 10-0 margin in corner kicks.
* Dani Lonati and Shannon Gray shared the shutout for the Mules. Lonati had the lone save for Colby in the first half, while Gray played the final 45 minutes. Colby has allowed just one goal in three games.
* Thomas goalkeeper Kayla Gordon made 11 saves.
* The Mules were last unbeaten after the opening three games in 2010 with a 1-0-2 start to the year.