Oct 04, 2017
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Elizabeth Middlebrook had 11 kills and Emily Moslener dished 29 assists for the Colby College volleyball team in a 3-0 win over Husson University in non-conference play Wednesday night.
* The Mules won by set scores of 25-7, 25-13, 25-11.
* Colby darted out to a 10-0 lead in the first set and led 15-1 at one point. Nicole Petherbridge had four kills and Middlebrook added three in the set.
* The Mules led just 7-6 in the second set before steadily pulling away. Hanssen had half of her kills in the set.
* Colby pulled away again after leading 8-5 early in the third set. Elise Crutchlow (pictured below) had both of her kills in the set.
By the numbers
* Middlebrook had just one attack error and hit .588 for the match. Hanssen also had one attack error and hit .643. The Mules had 13 kills and no attack errors in the third set to hit .722.
* Moslener added four service aces and five digs to go with her 29 assists.
* Kate Wincek (pictured right) finished with six kills, while Kacie Wrean and Petherbridge both had five kills for the Mules (3-9). Hanssen also had four service aces, while Erin Maidman finished with nine digs.
* Mary Grace Power had five kills and Kaitlyn Wood added four kills for the Eagles (11-9). Riley Mooers finished with 11 assists and Katelyn McKenzie had eight digs.
Next on the schedule
* The Mules are home against Williams College on Friday at 8 p.m.
* Husson has the weekend off before playing at University of Maine at Machias next Wednesday at 7 p.m.