Oct 06, 2017
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Colby College had sizable leads in the opening two sets before Williams College fought back to earn victories on the way to a 3-0 win in NESCAC volleyball Friday night at Wadsworth Gymnasium.
The Mules (3-10, 0-5 NESCAC) will entertain Hamilton College at 1 p.m. Saturday. The Ephs (6-9, 2-4 NESCAC) play at Bates College on Saturday at 2 p.m.
* The Ephs won by set scores of 25-21, 25-17, 25-16.
* Colby opened up a 15-11 lead in the first set, but the Ephs scored eight straight points to go up 19-15. The Mules scored two points in a row to try and get back in the set only to see Williams score six of the next 10 points.
* The Mules opened up an even bigger margin in the second set, leading 12-7 at one point. Williams kept its composure again and used a 12-0 run to go up 19-12.
* The Ephs led by a much as 15-4 in the third set before Colby made a late run.
By the numbers
* Roxi Corbeil led the Ephs with eight kills, 18 defensive digs, and 13 assists. Alex Newton added 17 assists.
* Erin Denham finished with seven kills and had an attack percentage of .600. Mia Weinland and Ally Ostrow both had six kills, while Daiana Takashima led in digs with 19.
* Paige Hanssen led Colby with eight kills, 16 digs, and three blocks. Molly Manuel (pictured) added 11 assists and four digs, Erin Maidman had 11 digs and two aces, and Elizabeth Middlebrook had four kills.