Oct 13, 2017
WATERVILLE, Maine -- On a night when Colby College honored its seniors, Wesleyan University stayed unbeaten in the New England Small College Athletic Conference with a 3-0 win in volleyball Friday night at Wadsworth Gymnasium.
The Cardinals are 16-1 overall and 7-0 in the conference, while the Mules drop to 3-12 and 0-7 in the league.
Colby honored seniors Eliza Liebler, Emily Moslener, Kate Wincek, and Kacie Wrean before the match.
* The Cardinals won by set scores of 25-14, 25-19, 25-14.
* Wesleyan opened up a 10-4 lead and widened the lead to 22-12 in the opening set. Stasie Litinsky had four kills in the set.
* The Mules led for a good portion of the second set, opening up a 15-10 lead at one point after a kill by Elizabeth Middlebrook. With Colby leading 19-18, Litinsky had three straight kills during a 7-0 run to end the set.
* Colby trailed 10-7 in the third set when Wesleyan used a 6-1 scoring run to go up 16-8.
By the numbers
* Nicole Petherbridge hit .350, had seven kills, no attack errors, and three blocks for Colby. Paige Hanssen added nine kills and Middlebrook had five.
* Emily Moslener finished with 15 assists and six digs for the Mules.
* Litinsky had 10 kills and hit .316 for the Cardinals. Nicole Hilton added eight kills and three blocks, while Emma Robin hit .545 and finished with seven kills and two blocks. Harper Graves added six kills and had an attack percentage of .500.
* Kaira Muraoka-Robert led in assists (18) for the Cardinals. Grace Rose added 14 assists and Phia Bellizzi had 17 defensive digs and three service aces.
Next on the schedule
* Wesleyan will play at Bates College on Saturday at 2 p.m.
* Colby will play its final home match of the season Saturday against Connecticut College at 2 p.m.