Oct 27, 2017
HARTFORD, Conn. -- Paige Hanssen finished with 12 kills, 16 defensive digs, four service aces, and four blocks for the Colby College volleyball team in a 3-1 loss to Trinity College in NESCAC play Friday night.
The Mules (6-15 overall) close out the season with a road match at Amherst College on Saturday at 2 p.m.
* Trinity won by set scores of 27-25, 25-18, 20-25, 25-18.
* The Mules battled back from a 19-8 deficit in the first set to take a 24-23 lead, but the Bantams scored the final two points of the set with the score tied 25-25.
* Colby only trailed 8-7 in the second set. However, the Bantams steadily pulled away.
* With the score tied 12-12 in the third set, Colby went on a 6-0 run to take an 18-13 lead on the way to the victory.
* The Mules had leads of 11-10 and 13-12 in the fourth set, but Trinity used a 6-0 scoring run to take control.
By the numbers
* Elizabeth Middlebrook (pictured) added eight kills, 18 digs, and two blocks for the Mules. Kacie Wrean had five kills, no attack errors, a .333 hitting percentage, and three blocks. Emily Moslener had 13 assists and 10 digs, Kate Wincek had 16 digs, and Molly Manuel had 11 assists.
* Rachel Underwood and Colette Scheffers both had 12 kills for Trinity (7-13).