Sep 12, 2017
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Paige Hanssen came close to breaking a 17-year-old school record with 20 kills for the Colby College volleyball team in a 3-0 win over University of New England on Tuesday at Wadsworth Gymnasium.
The Mules (1-3 overall) won by set scores of 25-22, 25-13, 25-19.
* Hanssen (pictured), who also had nine defensive digs and two service aces, only had three attack errors while hitting nearly 38 percent. For a three-game set, Amanda Cuiffo holds the Colby record with 22 kills.
* First-year outside hitter Elizabeth Middlebrook had her best match with nine kills and six digs for Colby. Middlebrook made just two attack errors and hit 28 percent.
* Molly Manuel led the Mules in assists (16) and added two kills in two total attacks. Emily Moslener added 14 assists and 10 digs, while Erin Maidman finished with 15 digs.
* Molly Camelo led the Nor'easters with seven kills and eight digs. Rene Roggenbuck added five kills, five digs, and two blocks. Kristin Falcinelli led in assists with eight, while Katie Marsh had a match-high 17 digs.
* Colby had 16 kills and hit 32 percent in the second set. The Mules darted out to a 9-2 lead and led 20-10 at one point in the middle set.
* The Nor'easters had a 19-18 lead in the opening set, but the Mules went on a 7-3 scoring run the rest of the way. Hanssen had a kill to end the set.
* In the third set, the Mules only led 21-18 before scoring four of the final five points.
Next on the schedule
* The Mules head to Bowdoin College for a NESCAC match Friday at 7 p.m.
* UNE is home Thursday at 7 p.m. against St. Joseph's College.