Sep 09, 2017
BOSTON, Mass. -- Paige Hanssen finished with 24 kills in two matches for the Colby College volleyball team in a 3-2 loss to Emerson College and a 3-0 setback to Amherst College at Brown & Plofker Gym on Saturday.
The match between Amherst did not count toward the New England Small College Athletic Conference standings.
Emerson match highlights
* Emerson won by match scores of 11-25, 25-16, 25-19, 24-26, 15-9.
* Hanssen finished with 13 kills, 11 defensive digs, and two service aces for Colby. Kate Wincek added 10 kills, 17 digs, and two aces. First-year Elizabeth Middlebrook had seven kills and 11 digs.
* Nicole Petherbridge had a match-high four blocks and six kills for the Mules (0-3). Emily Moslener led in assists with 20, while Erin Maidman tied Wincek with 17 digs.
* The Mules hit .412 as a team in the first set, while Emerson had nine attack errors.
* Grace Tepper paced Emerson (4-3) with 18 kills and 12 digs.
Amherst match highlights
* The Mammoths won by set scores of 25-20, 25-13, 25-21.
* Hanssen had 11 kills, 13 digs, and three blocks for the Mules. Petherbridge added nine kills, Molly Manuel finished with 13 assists, and Wincek had 12 digs.
* Emily Kolsky led Amherst (2-1) with 10 kills.
Next up for Colby
* The Mules have their final home match in September when University of New England visits at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.