Jan 15, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Ty Williams dished a game-high eight assists and Sam Jefferson finished with 20 points for the Colby College men's basketball team in an 87-68 non-conference win over Maine Maritime Academy on Tuesday night.
The Mules are 12-4 overall heading into Saturday's big NESCAC rivalry game with Bowdoin at 3 p.m. at Colby's Wadsworth Gymnasium.
By the numbers
* Williams was in control all night with his eight assists while committing no turnovers. Jefferson was 7-for-12 from the field and 5-of-5 from the foul line.
* Noah Tyson was 4-for-4 from 3-point range for 12 points and Matt Hanna added 12 points and three assists for the Mules. Wallace Tucker finished with 10 points, while Devin Davis (pictured) scored six and dished four assists.
* Riley Jorgenson had a game-high 22 points on 3-for-5 shooting from long range and had two steals.
* Adam Richardson was 6-for-10 from the field on the way to 20 points, seven rebounds, and three assists. Nicholas DePatsy scored eight points and had three assists for the Mariners (6-7 overall).
* The Mules had a 40-32 rebounding advantage and had 22 assists on 30 made field goals.
* The game was tight over the opening 10 minutes, with neither team able to establish any offensive rhythm.
* With the Mules leading 13-12, Colby used a 19-0 scoring run and held the Mariners without a point for more than five minutes to pull away at 32-12. Colby went into intermission with a 41-21 lead.
* The Mules led by as much as 29 points with 14:05 left in the second half.