Nov 16, 2018
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Alex Dorion went 5-for-5 from 3-point range on the way to a game-high 19 points and Noah Tyson had a memorable debut game with 18 points for the Colby College men's basketball team in a 109-68 victory over University of Maine at Presque Isle on the opening day of the Colby Classic on Friday.
The Mules (1-0 overall) will play University of Southern Maine on Sunday at 3 p.m. on day three of the three-team tourney. UMPI and Southern Maine play the second game Saturday at 3 p.m.
By the numbers
* Dorion was 7-for-9 from the field, added four rebounds, two assists, and two steals. Tyson was 4-for-10 from long range in his collegiate debut and added seven rebounds and two blocked shots.
* Ronan Schwarz, who missed all of last season due to injury, had a fine game in his return with 13 points, nine rebounds, and four assists. Wallace Tucker added 14 points and three assists, while Sean Gilmore (pictured) had 10 points on 5-for-8 shooting and blocked a pair of shots.
* Colby point guard Ty Williams came off the bench to shoot 3-for-3 from the field for eight points, 2-of-2 from 3-point range, and dished a game-high five assists. Sam Jefferson and Matt Hanna both scored seven points.
* DeAndre Duncombe led the Owls with 17 points and nailed three 3-point shots. Eric Anthony came off the bench with 13 points on 4-for-7 shooting and Griffin Guerrette added 11 points and four assists. Te'Von Hines had 11 points and a team-high seven rebounds.
* The Mules forced 17 UMPI (2-1 overall) turnovers in the first half on the way to a 53-41 lead. The Owls stayed in the game with 51.7 percent shooting (15-for-29) in the opening 20 minutes.
* The two teams combined for 15 made 3-point field goals in the opening half.
* Colby held the Owls to 29.6 percent shooting in the second half to pull away. The Mules led by as much as 45 points with 5:01 left in the game.