Dec 01, 2018
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Alex Dorion was 6-for-8 from 3-point range for 20 points and Colby College teammate Wallace Tucker scored 19 points as the Mules took a 92-68 victory over Colby-Sawyer College in non-conference play Saturday at Wadsworth Gymnasium.
The Mules improve to 6-1 overall heading into Tuesday's 5:30 p.m. game at University of Maine at Farmington. The Chargers dropped to 3-2 overall.
By the numbers
* Dorion (pictured) was 7-for-10 from the field for the game and had 12 of his points after halftime. Tucker hit three of his six 3-point shots and added seven rebounds, three steals, and two assists.
* Matt Hanna was 4-for-8 from long range on the way 14 points and six rebounds. The Mules shot 47.2 percent (17-for-36) from 3-point range. Sam Jefferson also was in double figures with 10 points, Noah Tyson had seven rebounds and three assists, Ty Williams pulled down six boards and added four assists, and Devin Davis had seven points.
* The Mules were 8-for-13 from long range (61.5 percent) in the second half. Colby helped its own cause with a 55-30 rebounding advantage, including 20 offensive rebounds.
* Nick Backer came off the bench and had 13 points, five rebounds, three steals, and two assists for the Chargers.
* Dana Bean had early foul trouble and played just 14 minutes, but was 6-for-7 from the field for 12 points. Jourdain Bell had five assists, three steals, and six points. Nate Trevino was 3-for-3 from the field for six points and had a game-high nine rebounds.
* The game was sloppy in the opening 10 minutes with turnovers and fouls. The Chargers had their last lead of the day at 10-9. The Mules were up 22-18 when Hanna hit two 3-point shots and Tucker added another trey to push the margin to 31-18. Colby took a 45-25 lead at halftime.
* The 3-point shooting onslaught continued in the second half and Colby opened up a lead of 35 points at 81-46 with 9:49 to play.