Jan 13, 2018
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. -- The Colby College men's hockey team had 23 shots on goal in the second period alone, but Wesleyan University pulled out a 5-1 win in NESCAC play Saturday.
The Mules drop to 7-6 overall and 6-4 in the conference, while the Cardinals are 8-2-3 and 4-2-2 in the league.
* Wesleyan had 21 shots in the opening period, including goals by Dylan Holze at 3:21 and Spencer Fox at 14:57.
* The Mules had a 23-7 advantage in shots in the second period, but Holze added his second goal of the game at 2:46 for a 3-0 lead. Andrew Reis had Colby's lone goal of the game at 12:17 to make it 3-1 after two periods.
* The Cardinals clinched the game with goals from Cam McCusker at 3:53 and Cameron Peritz just 12 seconds later.
By the numbers
* Colby goalie Sean Lawrence had 28 saves and Mack Burton (pictured) stopped nine shots after coming into the game after the fifth goal.
* Wesleyan goaltender Tim Sestak made 22 of his 42 saves in the second period.