Posted: Feb 06, 2018
CLINTON, N.Y. -- The Colby College men's hockey team tied the game at 2-2 after two periods, but Hamilton College scored twice in the final period for a 4-2 win in NESCAC play Friday night.
The Mules are 10-9 overall and 7-6 in NESCAC play, while Hamilton moves to 12-6-1 and 6-6-1 in the conference.
* The Mules had a great start to the game when Michael Rudolf scored his seventh of the season off an assist from Cam MacDonald just 1:31 into the game.
* Jon Beniers tied the game for the Continentals at 15:33 of the opening period.
* Hamilton scored the lone power play goal of the game at 9:02 of the second period off the stick of Brandon Willett.
* Justin Grillo scored his third of the season from Rudolf and goaltender Sean Lawrence with 2:21 left in the second period.
* Rory Gagnon scored at 9:31 of the third period for the game-winning goal and Willett had his second of the game at 5:01 left in the game.
By the numbers
* Lawrence and Hamilton goaltender Anthony Tirabassi both had 24 saves.
* The Continentals took just one penalty in the game.