Feb 03, 2018
AMHERST, Mass. -- Michael Decker had the lone goal for the Colby College men's hockey team in a 5-1 loss to Amherst College on Saturday at Orr Rink.
The Mules dropped to 10-10 overall and 7-7 in the NESCAC, while the Mammoths improved to 9-7-4 and 6-4-4 in the league.
* Amherst took a 2-0 lead after the first period on goals by Nick Bondra and Noah Gilreath.
* The Mules made it 2-1 at 7:30 of the second on Decker's power play score. Kienan Scott and Spencer Hewson each had their 11th assist. Decker scored his third of the year from the left point after one-timing a pass from Scott.
* The Mammoths scored two goals in a span of 14 seconds of the third period to go up 4-1. Patrick Mooney scored at 4:29 and Jack Fitzgerald tallied at 4:43.
By the numbers
* Colby goalie Sean Lawrence stopped 25 shots, while Connor Girard made 20 saves.
* The Mules had 14 of their 21 shots in the third period.