Posted: Jan 29, 2019
GORHAM, Maine -- Nick O'Connor scored his 12th goal of the season and Quinn Doyle also tallied for the Colby College men's hockey team in a 4-2 loss at the University of Southern Maine on Tuesday.
* The Huskies scored at 7:27 of the opening period and then made it 2-0 after one period on a goal with just 47 seconds remaining.
* USM (4-15-3 overall) made it 3-0 at 16:33 of the second period for the lone goal in the middle period.
* O'Connor's goal came on the power play at 9:52 of the third period from Kienan Scott and Thomas Stahlhuth.
* Just 17 seconds later, Colby (7-8-3) cut the lead to one when Doyle (pictured) scored from Spencer Hewson at 10:09.
* USM clinched the game at 15:22 on Matt Fuller's first goal of the season.
By the numbers
* The Mules had a 26-20 shot advantage and had the lone power play goal in the game.
* The Mules played all three of their goalies. Andrew Tucci, who missed the Bowdoin game Saturday, had seven saves in the first period. Mack Burton stopped two shots in the second period and Joe MacDonald made seven saves in his first collegiate action in the third period.
* The Mules play host to Hamilton College in a NESCAC game Friday at 7 p.m.