Posted: Jan 04, 2019
CLINTON, N.Y. -- Despite the first collegiate goal for Colby College's Brendan Murphy (pictured), the Mules dropped a 4-2 game to Hamilton College to end their seven-game unbeaten streak.
The Mules are 5-3-2 overall and 2-3-1 in the conference, while Hamilton moves to 5-5-1 and 3-2-1 in the league.
* The Continentals scored the lone goal of the first period on the first of the season from Joey Moore with 4:08 to play on the power play.
* Murphy tied the game at 6:36 of the second period off the third assist of the season from John Rourke.
* Both teams had unsuccessful power play chances before Rory Gagnon scored his fourth of the season with 1:13 left in the second period for a 2-1 Hamilton lead.
* The momentum of Gagnon's goal carried over as Josh Labonte scored his first goal of the season just 1:22 into the third period on the power play. The Continentals added an insurance goal at 15:06.
* J.P. Schuhlen notched his second goal of the year with 50.8 seconds remaining in the game for the Mules. Kienan Scott and Spencer Hewson assisted on the score.
By the numbers
* Andrew Tucci made 14 of his 27 saves in the opening period for the Mules.
* Anthony Tirabassi stopped 31 shots for Hamilton.
* Colby plays at Amherst College on Saturday at 3 p.m. The Mammoths took a 6-3 home win over Bowdoin College on Friday.