WATERVILLE, Maine - The Colby College Men's Ice Hockey team scored three unanswered goals in the third period to take the victory over Bowdoin College 5-2. This marked the last time the two rivals would face off in the Harold Alfond Athletics Center as Colby moves to its new complex next fall.
"We had a lot of guys play really well, with special teams playing excellent again tonight," said the Jack Kelley Head Coach of Men's Hockey Blaise MacDonald. "This is a special game, and I am extremely happy for the seniors that have had a good run against Bowdoin here in our building. These are great opportunities and I am glad we took advantage of it tonight."
Highlights for the Mules:
- The Mules scored first when Kienan Scott (one goal, one assist) scored at the 6:17 mark on a power play in the first period.
- Colby continued to execute on the power play, their second goal coming from first year Alex Bourhas (two goals, one assist) at 3:38.
- The Mules' go-ahead goal was scored by Bourhas (photo inset) for his second goal of the night at 3:44.
- J.P. Schulen scored the Mules' fourth goal at 9:59.
- Justin Grillo sealed the game with an empty net goal at 18:33 making the final 5-2.
Highlights for the Polar Bears:
- Thomas Dunleavy knocked the puck past the reach of Colby goaltender Andrew Tucci at 14:54.
- Graham Rutledge scored Bowdoin's second goal at 3:05 in the third period on a power play.
- There was a total of 87 penalty minutes; Bowdoin served 40 minutes on 12 infractions, and Colby served 47 minutes on 10 infractions.
- Colby led in shots, totaling 31 to Bowdoin's 18 shots.
- The Mules look to continue their success as they take on Southern New Hampshire University Tuesday evening. The puck drops at 8:00pm.