Apr 17, 2018
CASTINE, Maine -- The Colby College men's lacrosse team closed out the non-conference portion of the schedule with an easy 19-0 victory over Maine Maritime Academy on Tuesday night.
The Mules (5-6 overall) will be at home for the final two games, starting with Saturday's NESCAC game with Trinity College at 1 p.m.
By the numbers
* Joe Paolatto had an assist, 11 ground balls, and was 12-for-15 in face-offs for the Mules. Jung Shin also had a good night on draws, finishing 7-for-8 and scooping five ground balls.
* Charlie Lynch (3 goals, 2 assists) and Mason Brady (2 goals, 3 assists) both had five points. Derek Muse and Scott Miller both had three goals and one assist, while Harrison Alpaugh and Max Cushman each had two goals.
* Will Erwin, Andrew Ward, Myles Smith, and Carter Vickers all had one goal for Colby. Ward also had three ground balls and one caused turnover.
* The Mules had a 54-9 shot advantage and three Colby goalies were called on to make just four saves.
* Chris Battaglia had two caused turnovers and four ground balls for Colby. Taylor Haberstock also had two caused turnovers and finished with two ground balls. Nick Percarpio caused two turnovers and Christian Jibilian (pictured) had three ground balls and one caused turnover.
* Lynch had all three of his goals in the first quarter and Brady had one for a 4-0 lead after 15 minutes.
* Muse scored two goals in the second quarter to help Colby take a 10-0 lead at halftime.
* Cushman had both of his goals and Erwin tallied to make it 13-0 after three quarters. Miller and Muse were part of five of the six Mule goals in the final quarter.