Mar 26, 2019
BIDDEFORD, Maine -- Jack Rickards contributed to half of Colby College's offense with six goals and one assist in a 14-7 non-conference victory over University of New England in men's lacrosse Tuesday.
By the numbers
* Rickards (pictured) leads the Mules (4-3 overall) in goals scored and has five assists to rank third on the team in points with 19.
* Mule face-off man Joe Paolatto was 19-for-23 on draws and scooped 10 ground balls. Meanwhile, Aidan McCleary had one goal, six ground balls, and two caused turnovers.
* Lane Kadish added three goals, one assist, and three caused turnovers. Colton Michel scored once and dished three assists, while Riley Bergstrom and Charlie Lynch both had one goal and one assist. CJ Hassan had one goal and Bret Miller added two assists.
* Colby goaltender C.J. Layton stopped seven shots.
* The Nor'easters (5-4) played the Mules tough and led 2-1 in the first quarter. Colby had three of the four goals the rest of the quarter to take a 4-3 lead after 15 minutes.
* The Mules pulled away with five straight goals to open up a 9-3 lead and took a 9-4 margin into halftime.
* The teams alternated goals in the third quarter, with Colby leading 12-6 heading to the final quarter.
* Colby heads to eighth-ranked Wesleyan University for a 1 p.m. game Saturday.