Posted: Mar 09, 2019
CLINTON, N.Y. -- CJ Hassan and Jack Rickards each scored three times and Cooper Giblin made 18 saves, but the Colby College men's lacrosse team fell 17-9 to Hamilton College in NESCAC play Saturday.
By the numbers
* Giblin made 12 of his 18 saves in the opening half, while Hassan had two first-half goals for the Mules (1-2 overall, 0-2 NESCAC).
* Colby face-off men won the draw battle for the third straight game. The Mules were 15-for-29, with Joe Paolatto and Jung Shin each going 7-for-14. Justin Huber won his lone draw of the game.
* Colby first-year Rickards is up to six goals in the opening three games. He is second in goal scoring to Hassan's seven.
* Colby's Nick Percarpio and Will Doge both had five ground balls. Percarpio leads the Mules with 14 ground balls.
* Henry Hunt and Chad Morse both had five goals for Hamilton (1-1, 1-1 NESCAC).
* After the Continentals took a 3-0 lead, Hassan scored with 10:34 remaining in the first quarter. Hamilton, though, scored the next four goals in a span of about five minutes to go up 7-2 after 15 minutes.
* The Continentals used a second 4-0 scoring run to push the margin to 11-2. Charlie Lynch and Hassan scored in the final 4:07 to cut the lead to 11-4 at halftime.
* After the teams traded goals to start the third quarter, Bret Miller and Rickards both scored to cut the lead to 13-7 with 3:38 to play.
* The Continentals scored with just three seconds left in the third quarter and tallied 1:13 into the fourth quarter to push the lead to 15-7.
* Colby will play host to Husson University on Tuesday at 7 p.m. The game was originally scheduled for Tuesday, March 19.