Posted: Oct 07, 2017
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. -- The Colby College men's soccer team moved to 4-1-2 over the last seven games after earning a 0-0 overtime tie at Wesleyan University on Saturday.
The Mules (5-3-2 overall, 2-2-2 NESCAC) are 2-0-2 in their last four conference games.
By the numbers
* Avery Gibson made seven saves in 110 minutes and Colby's defense was tough as usual. The Mules have given up one goal or less in nine of their 10 games. The lone team to score more than one goal was Connecticut College in a 2-2 tie.
* Gibson lowered his goals against average to 0.65 and raised his save percentage to .833. Chandler Smith, Ryan Lauderback (pictured), Garrett Dickey, and Grady Jendzejec are the starting defenders for Colby.
* The Cardinals (5-3-1, 1-3-1 NESCAC) had a 22-14 shot advantage and an 8-6 margin in corner kicks.
* Lucas Pereira, Garrett Dickey, and Kyle Douglas all had three shots for Colby.
Next on the schedule
* The Mules get the week off to prepare for next Saturday's 1:30 p.m. home game with eighth-ranked Amherst College. The Mammoths are only one-half game ahead of the Mules in the NESCAC standings, but Amherst is ranked first in New England.