Sep 17, 2017
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Asa Berolzheimer and Jansen Aoyama both had goals for the Colby College men's soccer team in a 2-2 overtime tie with Connecticut College on Sunday.
Chris Lockwood scored with just 1:32 left in regulation to help the Camels draw even in the NESCAC game..
The Mules are 1-2-1 overall and 0-2-1 in the league, while the Camels are 3-0-2 overall and 1-0-2 in the conference.
* The Mules had leads of 1-0 and 2-1 in the game. Berolzheimer scored his second of the season at 9:08 of the first half for a 1-0 margin. Jacob Tower had a cross that a Camel defender tried to volley away, but the ball went straight to Berolzheimer for the score.
* The Camels tied the game at 1-1 off a corner kick by midfielder Matt Butera from the left side. Ben Manoogian won the jump with a Colby defender and headed the ball into the back of the net at 26:30.
* Colby took a 2-1 halftime lead when Aoyama tallied at 40:27 off a nice passing sequence from Kyle Douglas and Jack Fletcher. Douglas pushed a pass back to Fletcher, who immediately found Aoyama on the right side for the score.
* The Mules were trying to run out the time when the Camels sent the game to overtime. Liam Noonan found some dribbling space on the right side, pushed a pass to Tyler Hoadley, and Hoadley's low cross was one-timed by Lockwood into the left corner of the goal.
* Colby had two good opportunities in overtime. Berolzheimer was unable to get his whole foot on a cross and his shot was stopped by A.J. Marcucci in the first 10 minutes. Jeff Rosenberg had a shot go just wide right in the second 10 minutes.
By the numbers
* The Mules had a 15-10 shot advantage, but each team had eight corner kicks.
* Marcucci made eight saves for the Camels, while Avery Gibson stopped four shots for the Mules.
Next on the schedule
* Colby heads to University of New England for a 7 p.m. start Wednesday.
* The Camels will entertain Coast Guard Academy on Wednesday in a 4:30 p.m. contest.