Oct 02, 2018
BANGOR, Maine -- Colin Sullivan (Tivoli, N.Y.) and Ryan Seaman (Lake Oswego, Ore.) both scored their first collegiate goals and David Howarth (pictured, Cinnaminison, N.J./Math Sciences) had the first goal of the game for the Colby College men's soccer team in a 3-1 win at Husson University on Tuesday night.
The Mules are 4-3-2 overall, while Husson drops to 4-7-1.
* Matt Johnson (Medfield, Mass.) had his first collegiate start in goal for the Mules and did not make a save in 75 minutes, 23 seconds. Matt Morin (Westborough, Mass.) played the final 14:37 and made three saves.
* Howarth put Colby ahead 1-0 when he came in and scored on a one-on-one with Husson goalkeeper Kristian Bonde Krognes.
* Sullivan and Seaman scored less than three minutes apart to put the Mules up 3-0. Sullivan tallied at 31:42 and Seaman scored at 34:31.
* Husson broke up the shutout when Jahmal Williams scored with just 3:55 remaining off an assist from Shuby Bodke.
By the numbers
* The Mules had a 19-9 shot advantage and an 8-3 margin for corner kicks. The Mules had a 7-0 advantage on corners in the opening half
The Mules play host to Wesleyan University on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. as part of Family Homecoming Weekend.