The Colby Men's Tennis Team is excited to announce the incoming class of 2021 to join the Mules next fall. As of right now, five new players will join the 33rd-ranked team in the country.
Garrett Reiter - Austin, Texas
2-star, #394 in senior class by tennisrecruiting.net
- Top 30 in Texas
- Capital Area Tennis Association 2017 Male MVP for Vandegrift High School
- Team captain for three years at Vandegrift High School.
- Leander Independent School Regional Tennis Champion
- National Honor Society, Deca, Young Men's Service League Viper Chapter, Key Club, Red Cross, and Young Life (church club).
- Student Council Class Representative for Vandegrift High School
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes Food Truck for 10 years. Mobile Loaves and Fishes brings food to the homeless and needy in the Austin area.
- Vandegrift freshman basketball team.
- 2013 Viper Lacrosse team; won the Denver Shoot Out.
- Holds the Four Points MS record for the mile time. (4:58 mile time)
Why I Chose Colby: Colby is one of the top academic schools in the nation and has a great athletic program, but what really inspired me was the environment at Colby. The family created by the students at Colby are passionate, welcoming, and strive to make a positive difference in the world. I could not be more proud to become a Mule.
Colby Head Coach Jason Cohen on Garrett - "We are very excited to add Garrett to our team. He comes from a very disciplined program at ATA and has an excellent work ethic which will serve him well here at Colby. He has improved a lot recently and I believe he has yet to reach his peak and I am excited for him to get here at Colby."
Sumukh Pathi - Westborogh, Mass.
3-star #260 in senior class from tennis recruiting.net
Potential major: Economics
Jeremy Atwater - Short Hills, NJ
2-star #433 in senior class by tennis recruiting.net
High School Accomplishments
-NJSIAA state singles qualifier
-2016 Union County Tournament first singles finalist
-2016 First Team All-UCIAC Mountain Division selection
-2016 undefeated record in conference play
-2016 team MVP
Playing the tuba
I do different activities in the Ecology and Botany field during my free time
Why I Chose Colby: I chose Colby because I fell in love with the school on my first visit. It is a well-rounded school, where the academics and the athletics are balanced, and I love the campus. The curriculum of the school is excellent and the tennis team seems to be a great fit. I am proud to become a Colby Mule next year.
Hans Hwang - Irvine, Calif.
2-star # 433 in senior class by tennisrecruiting.net
In his senior year, as the team captain, he led his team to its 100th consecutive Pacific Coast League win. During the summer of 2016, he became the consolation champion of ITA Summer Circuit at Azusa Pacific University. Also, he won the iTennis/Andulka Park Junior Open in Riverside, Calif., earlier this year.
Major: computer science.
I have performed in the Suzuki 10 piano concert in 2011 (UC Davis), 2013 (Matsumoto, Japan), and 2014 (Sacramento, Calif.).
In my spare time, I enjoy listening to music, working out, and writing computer programs.
Why I Chose Colby: I want to go to a small liberal arts college and play tennis. I chose Colby because it is a great fit for me, as I will have more personal attention from professors and advisers. It offers top-of-the-line education and Coach Cohen is a great coach. Finally, I love snowboarding and I can continue to be close to it at Colby.
Peter Messenger - Montclair, N.J.
2-star #795 in senior class from tennis recruiting.net
- I play singles on the Montclair High School tennis team in Montclair, N.J.
- This season, we reached the final of the Essex County Tournament for the first time in Montclair history
- We also achieved a top-five ranking in the state as a team
Individual achievements: I was awarded first team all-conference in the Super Essex Conference (the toughest conference in the state). I reached top 75 in USTA Eastern section in boys 18.
- I teach tennis lessons to kids and adults in my town.
- I was a part of DECA, an international business club, for three years.
- I love to cook and I make most of my own meals at home.