Apr 13, 2018
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Paige Hartnett had a home run for Colby College, but Sofia Molina went 6-for-7 in two games and drove in five runs to lift the Tufts University softball team to 10-3 and 11-1 wins in NESCAC East softball Friday night.
The two teams will play the third game of the series on Saturday at 11 a.m. With good weather Friday, Colby and Tufts agreed to play two games on Friday instead of one and play a single game Saturday.
Game 1 highlights
* Hartnett (pictured) had a two-run homer to left field in the sixth inning to cut the lead to 9-2 and force a seventh inning. Emily Dougherty came in on the long ball with the other run.
* Holly Lallis had a single and scored on a wild pitch in the seventh inning for the Mules. Carly Swartz, Ella Hommeyer, and Lucie Cunningham had the other Colby hits.
* Molina had three hits and three RBI, while teammate Kristen Caporelli had two hits and drove in three runs.
* Raven Fournier scored three runs, had one hit, and drove in a run for the Jumbos (17-6 overall, 6-2 NESCAC East). Kelsey Dion homered for the winners.
* Kristi Van Meter pitched all seven innings for the Jumbos, striking out eight and walking two.
Game 2 highlights
* Samantha Siciliano homered to lead off the game on the way to three hits, four RBI, and two runs scored for the Jumbos.
* Molina finished 3-for-3 with two RBI and two runs, while Reegan Coleman added two hits, two runs, and an RBI. Molina had a pair of doubles, Sicilliano also tripled, and Edie Huling added a triple.
* Kristina Haghdan allowed two hits over five innings to earn the win. She struck out 10 and walked three.
* Hommeyer had an RBI single to score Lallis with Colby's run in the fifth inning. Lallis had singled with one out to break up the no-hitter.