Apr 20, 2018
HARTFORD, Conn. -- The Colby College softball team had leads of 1-0 and 4-2 against Trinity College, but the Bantams scored 13 runs in the third and fourth innings on the way to a 15-4 NESCAC East victory Friday.
The two teams will play again Saturday at noon in a doubleheader.
By the numbers
* Hailey Rohall (pictured) went 2-for-2 with a run and two RBI for the Mules. Lolo Niemiec had a hit, run, and a walk. Kathleen Mason added an RBI double and Wiley Holton scored and drove in a run.
* Katie Haghdan went 3-for-3, had three RBI, and two runs for Trinity (15-11 overall, 4-3 NESCAC East).
* The Mules (2-20, 0-7 NESCAC East) scored a lone run in the second inning when Mason had a double to right center field to bring home Holton.
* The Bantams added two runs in the bottom of the second, but Colby rebounded with three in the third inning. Rohall's double to right center brought in Paige Hartnett and Niemiec. After Rohall moved over to third on a passed ball, Holton drove her home with an RBI groundout.
* Trinity got going offensively in the bottom of the third with seven runs. Haghdan and Samantha Witmer both had RBI triples in the inning.
* The Bantams added six more runs in the bottom of the fourth and the game ended after the top of the fifth due to the eight-run rule.