Posted: Jan 19, 2019
BRUNSWICK, Maine -- Ainsley Burns had a team-high 19 points for the Colby College women's basketball team in a 72-59 loss to top-ranked Bowdoin College on Saturday.
By the numbers
* Burns (pictured) was 4-for-6 from 3-point range for Colby (6-10 overall, 0-4 NESCAC).
* Katie McCrum and Jackie Albanese each had 10 points, while Sarah Hancock had nine points and five assists for the Mules. Jane MacKerron helped out with eight rebounds.
* Abby Kelly had a game-high 27 points for Bowdoin (17-0, 4-0).
* The Mules never stopped battling in this game after falling behind by 19 points in the second quarter. Hancock hit a 3-point shot at the buzzer to make it 40-24 at halftime.
* The Mules hit 11 3-point shots in the game and got as close as 10 points in the second half.
* The Mules play host to Amherst College at 7 p.m. Friday.