Jan 05, 2019
LEWISTON, Maine -- Jackie Albanese had a team-high 11 points for the Colby College women's basketball team in a 54-47 setback to Bates College in NESCAC play Saturday.
By the numbers
* Albanese was 3-for-5 from 3-point range for the Mules (5-7 overall, 0-2 NESCAC).
* Katie McCrum (pictured) added 10 points and three assists for Colby. Ainsley Burns contributed nine points, five rebounds, four blocked shots, and two assists. Paige Russell and Keagan Dunbar each had six points.
* Meghan Graff paced the Bobcats (5-5, 1-1) with 17 points and four assists.
* The Mules trailed 7-0 before battling back to take a 12-12 tie with Bates after one quarter.
* The Mules used a 7-0 scoring run to go up 19-12 on the way to a 28-21 halftime margin.
* The Bobcats tied the game at 35-35 in the third quarter, but the Mules used an 8-0 scoring run to go up 43-35 heading into the final 10 minutes. McCrum was 4-for-4 from the foul line in the run.
* The Mules struggled in the fourth quarter and had just one field goal, a 3-point shot by Albanese with 3:39 to play.
* Colby plays host to University of Maine at Presque Isle at 5 p.m. Tuesday.