Posted: Nov 20, 2018
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Keagan Dunbar exploded for 20 of her game-high 24 points in the opening half for the Colby College women's basketball team in a 72-43 victory against Thomas College at Larry Mahaney Gym on Tuesday night.
By the numbers
* Dunbar (picdtured), who earlier in the day was named Maine Co-Rookie of the Week for last week, was 10-for-18 from the field, had four 3-point shots, and four assists. The first-year is averaging 18.7 points and 2.7 assists in Colby's 2-1 start to the season.
* Ainsley Burns shot 6-for-6 from the foul line on the way to 15 points, five rebounds, and two assists for the Mules. Grace Coutu had a double-double with 10 points on 4-for-5 shooting and 10 rebounds.
* Emily Davis tied for a game-high 11 rebounds for the Mules. Carly Christofori finished with seven points, seven rebounds, and two assists. Jane MacKerron had two blocked shots and Sarah Hancock dished three assists.
* The Mules pulled away from the start, opening up a 17-4 lead in the first quarter and settling for a 25-10 lead after 10 minutes. Colby continued to pull away in the second quarter and led 46-18 at halftime.
* The two teams combined for just 17 points in the third quarter as the Mules opened up a 57-24 lead heading into the fourth quarter.
* The Mules will take time for the Thanksgiving break and next play at Husson University on Wednesday, Nov. 28, at 7 p.m.