Posted: Jan 15, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Paige Russell had 13 points for the Colby College women's basketball team, but Maine Maritime Academy used big second and fourth quarters on the way to a 67-52 non-conference women's basketball win on Tuesday.
The Mariners improve to 10-4 overall, while the Mules drop to 6-9.
By the numbers
* Russell led Colby with 13 points and nailed three 3-point shots. Katie McCrum added 10 points, seven rebounds, and two assists.
* Keagan Dunbar scored 11 points for the Mules, while Ainsley Burns had eight points and eight rebounds. Jane MacKerron blocked three shots.
* Megan McLean was 5-for-8 from the field, 2-of-3 from 3-point range, and made both of her free throws for 14 points. Alayne Felix also had 14 points.
* Melinda Ogden finished with 10 points, four rebounds, and four assists. Lauren Plissey came off the bench with nine points, five boards, two assists, and two blocked shots.
* The Mules had a good start to the game, holding the Mariners to 25 percent shooting while taking a 14-11 lead after a quarter.
* The Mariners bounced back in the second quarter with 50 percent shooting and held the Mules to just two field goals in taking a 26-20 lead at halftime.
* The score stayed at a six-point lead for MMA after three quarters. The Mariners shot 46.7 percent in the quarter, but Colby hit five 3-point shots.
* The Mariners shot 77.8 percent (7-for-9) from the field in the fourth quarter to pull away.
* Colby plays at top-ranked Bowdoin College on Saturday at 2 p.m.