Dec 07, 2018
HARRISVILLE, R.I. -- The Colby College women's hockey team had a 44-17 shot advantage, but had to settle for a 1-1 tie with Nichols College in non-conference play Friday.
The Mules are 3-2 overall, while Nichols moves to 7-2-2.
* Dembeck's goal at 10:27 of the first period did not seem like it would be the last for the Mules. Colby used good transition out of its own end after winning a face-off. Anna Cosentino (pictured), going hard up the left side, had a cross that was deflected away to the right. Dembeck quickly chased after the puck, turned, and fired a shot that appeared to deflect off a Nichols defender. Moira Mullaney also had an assist on the scoring sequence.
* The Bison tied the game at 8:18 of the second period on Mikayla Castro's unassisted goal.
By the numbers
* Besides the huge shot advantage, Colby had a 37-15 margin in face-offs. Lauren Klein was 13-for-17, Tess Dupre won 10 of her 13 attempts, and Mullaney was 7-of-10.
* Nina Prunster made 16 saves in goal for the Mules. Cassandra Goyette made 43 stops for the Bison.
* Colby plays at Becker College (1-9-2 overall) at 7:10 p.m. Saturday.