Posted: Nov 23, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine - The Colby College Women's Ice Hockey team started with their foot on the pedal and never let off, shutting out rival Bowdoin College with the final score 2-0.
- "It was nice to see the team come back today and play Colby Hockey," said head coach Holley Tyng. "We made a few minor adjustments to the game plan and I was impressed with our execution. Excellent effort all around by the Mules!"
Highlights for the Mules:
- First years Madi Aumann and Bri Michaud-Nolan scored their first collegiate goals to bring the victory home for the Mules.
- Madi Aumann scored the first goal of the game at 2:32 in the first period. Assists came from Tess Dupre and Mckinley Karpa.
- Bri Michaud-Nolan (photo inset) sealed the victory at 9:43 in the second period on the Mules power play.
- The Mules outshot the Polar Bears 41-20.
- Colby goaltender Cierra San Roman recorded her first shutout of the year with 20 saves.
- The Mules improve to 4-0 on the season and look to face the University of Southern Maine at home Tuesday night. Start time is 5:00pm.