Posted: Nov 26, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine - The Colby College Women's Ice Hockey team dominated from the opening period routing the University of Southern Maine 5-0.
- "The team played well against a strong opponent in USM, a great team win," said Head Coach Holley Tyng.
Highlights for the Mules:
- The Mules were able to tally quickly as Cindy Giandomenico scored at 53 seconds in the second frame. Lauren Klein and McKinley Karpa had the assists.
- Colby's second goal was delivered by Hailey Rohall (photo inset) at 3:59 in the second period. Lily Santonelli and Madi Aumann got the assists.
- Defenseman Izzy Tegtmeyer (headline photo) scored at 9:15 in the third period, with assists from Bri Michaud-Nolan and Karpa.
- USM tried to battle back in the third period, but Giandomenico had other plans, scoring at the 1:11 mark.
- Lexi Cafiero tallied the final goal of the night, scoring a shorthanded goal unassisted at 11:42 in the third period.
- Neither team was able to capitalize on the power play, with Southern Maine going 0-4, and Colby 0-3.
- Both Colby goaltenders split time to contribute to a shared shutout; Cierra San Roman added 13 saves to Prunster's seven.
- The Mules outshot the Huskies 34-20. Colby allowed 0 Southern Maine shots in the second period.
- With the win the Mules move to 5-0 on the season. Colby hosts St. Michaels College Friday at 3:00pm.